Hometown: El Segundo, Calif.
Birthdate: April 2, 1997
Birthplace: Anaheim, Calif.
Weight: 168 lbs.
Current Coaches: Roger Young
Team: ROKFORM/Rock N Road
High School: California Virtual Academy(Simi Valley, Calif.) Class of '15
- 2009-2014 SCNCA Southern California/Nevada District Jr. Track Champion
- 2014 Jrs. Track National Championships 17-18: 1st team pursuit, 2nd scratch, 3rd individual pusuit
- 2013 Jrs. Track National Championships 15-16: 1st team pursuit, 2nd Madison, 3rd match sprints
- 2012 Jrs. Track National Championships 15-16: 1st match sprint, 2nd 500m, 2nd omnium
- 2011 Jrs. Track National Championships 13-14: 1st omnium
- 2009 Jrs. Track National Championships 10-12: 1st omnium
Hobbies: Riding his bike, playing piano, Boy Scouts, traveling, hiking, swimming, backpacking and dance
Favorite Race: Scratch
Favorite Place to Train: Velo Sports Center in Carson, Calif.
Best Cycling Memory: "Winning my first Nationals."
Best advice received from a coach when you were starting out: "Just do it!"
Motivation: "My passion for the sport."
Hero/Role Model: Bobby Lea
Cycling & Personal/Career Goals: Olympics for track cycling and doctoral degree in sports nutrition
First Involvement in Cycling: "I became involved after I visited a LA84 Foundation booth at the Long Beach Bike Tour. Connie Paraskevin offered youth an opportunity to ride the velodrome for free! My mom signed me up and I haven't stopped riding at the track."Did you know: Chazmichael is an Eagle Scout.
This Article Published August 6, 2014 For more information contact: