1. Anyone injured at an event must have his or her accident reported to a race official the day of the race.

2. If an injured rider wishes to file a claim, he or she must call 800-237-2917.  The claim form, which is available on the USA Cycling website, must be filed with the insurance company within 30 days of the accident.

3.  If an injured rider has primary insurance coverage:
     a.  They need to file a claim with their primary insurance carrier.
     b.  They need to call Specialty Benefits, Inc. at the number listed above.
     c.  They need to submit copies of their medical invoices and an Explanation of Benefits from their primary carrier to:

           USA Cycling
           c/o K & K Insurance Group - Claim Department
           1712 Magnovox Way
           PO Box 2338
           Fort Wayne, IN  46801-2338
           Phone:  800-237-2917

4.  Once the primary carrier has paid their portion of the medical expenses, the USA Cycling carrier will pay 70% of the Reasonable and Customary remaining expenses ABOVE the deductible, up to a limit of $25,000.

5.  If an injured rider has no other medical insurance coverage:
     a.  Rider must do 1, 2, and 3b as outlined above.
     b.  Rider must submit their medical invoices directly to the USA Cycling insurance carrier.
     c.  The USA Cycling carrier will pay 70% of the Reasonable and Customary medical expenses after the $5,000 out-of-pocket deductible up to a limit of $25,000.

Click here to download the accident claim form.

This Article Published May 11, 2006 For more information contact: