USA Cycling Race Mechanics Code of Conduct
Mechanics shall conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Mechanics are to:
- Place the physical welfare of participants and spectators above all else;
- Uphold the highest standards of honesty, fairness and integrity;
- Model appropriate conduct for cyclists both within and beyond the sport setting;
- Respect confidentiality among coaches, teams, riders and journalists;
- Remain neutral and fair and avoid favoritism to all members of the team; (Special attention to athletes as instructed by the coach/manager for the benefit of the team is not favoritism.)
- Return items borrowed;
- Provide a clear, written account of items missing or consumed;
- Report thefts to the proper authorities;
- Acquire and apply the most current and effective mechanical techniques;
- Share helpful information with other mechanics; and,
- Promote the goals of the sponsoring organizations — e.g. USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, NCL, NBL and ABA — and other organizations that make events and participation possible.
This Article Published June 20, 2011 For more information contact: