Weight: 175 lbs./79kg./12.7st.
Place of Birth: Montgomery, Alabama
Hometown: Wetumpka, Alabama
Residence: Menifee, California
Team/Sponsors: DK Bicycles, Maxxis Tires, Fly Racing, Odi Grips
- 4th place — 2012 UCI Supercross BMX World Cup #1 - Chula Vista, California
- 5th place — 2012 USA Cycling BMX National Championships, Chula Vista, California
- 17th place — 2012 UCI BMX World Championships, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 16th place — 2011 UCI BMX World Championships, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2010 ABA #1 Pro Cruiser
Points of Interest
- Nobles is experimenting with a custom-designed two-speed hub that allows him to switch from a 44/16 to 44/15 in the air. In a sport where hundredths of seconds determine the winner, a little more on every pedal stroke may make all the difference.
PersonalBarry began racing BMX at the ripe old age of three years old. After the track in his local area shut down, he took a few years off before his parents began allowing him to race while visiting him aunt in Pelham, Ala., nearly an hour drive. His dedicated parents became crucial to his budding career; his mother even took over as the track operator at Pelham BMX.
At age 17, Barry won the 2003 17+ world championships and finally realized this may be more than just a hobby. "Local pro, John Andrews took me under his wing, was always there pushing and made me realize my potential.'
He currently resides in Menifee, Calif., when he isn't travelling the world racing BMX. He also spends a lot of time on skype with his girlfriend, Austrailian BMX champ Caroline Buchannan, who he met at his first international BMX competition in 2009.
Date of Birth: December 2, 1986
This Article Published May 18, 2012 For more information contact: