USA Cycling created the RaceClean program as part of its ongoing commitment to clean sport, ensuring a level playing field, and promoting athletes’ health and well-being. This will be accomplished through a dual approach of increased education, using the resources developed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), and the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), and increasing the frequency and effectiveness of in-competition and out-of-competition drug testing at all levels of competitive cycling in the United States that is governed by USA Cycling.
The goal of the RaceClean program is to eradicate the use of performance enhancing drugs and techniques in cycling.
The strength of USA Cycling’s RaceClean program is the commitment from and collaboration with the key stakeholders, including riders, teams, race directors, and the Local Associations. USA Cycling will match the financial contributions put forth by these key stakeholders.
USADA will conduct the in-competition and out-of-competition testing, as well as any adjudication. USADA will also select the events and athletes for testing.
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE RaceClean PROGRAM
USA Cycling members can contribute to supporting this important and groundbreaking initiative by donating to the RaceClean fund when they purchase or renew their license online. All funds generated from donations will be used to support and increase the scope of the RaceClean program.
- Frequently Asked Questions
US Anti-doping (USADA) resources
Union Cycliste International (UCI) resources
Union Cycliste International (UCI) anti-doping helpline +800 8884 8884 (available worldwide 24/7)
World Anti-doping Agency (WADA) resources
USA Cycling Policies:
The Latest RaceClean News:
- BRAC has Joined the USAC Race Clean Program to Provide Performance Enhancing Drug Education and Testing at Local Events (11/9/13)
- U.S. cycling athlete, Aira, accepts sanction for anti-doping rule violation (9/5/13)
- Cyclists battle it out in honor of Chris Thater (8/25/13)
- Anti-doping testing could come to Chris Thater Memorial Races (7/15/13)
- NYSBRA First LA to Implement RaceClean Program (7/10/13)