Date of Birth: October 25, 1983
Weight: 145 lbs.
Place of Birth: Bethlehem, Pa.
Hometown: Barto, Pa.
Residence: Asheville, N.C.
High School: Allentown Central Catholic H.S. (Allentown, Pa.) '01
Other Sports Played in High School: Basketball (1 year)
College: Art Institute of Pittsburg Online '07
Degree/Major: Interactive Media Design
Current Coach: Jim Miller
Teams: UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team (2014-Pres.), Exergy Twenty12 (2012-13), Peanut Butter & Co Twenty12 (2010-11), TIBCO (2008-09); Lipton (2007), Victory Brewing (1999-2006)
Olympic Games Results
- Silver Medalist— 2012 Olympic Games (London, England), Team Pursuit
UCI World Championships Results
- 5th place — 2012 UCI Track World Championships, Melbourne, Australia, Women's Team Pursuit
- 4th place — 2010 Track World Championships, Women's Team Pursuit
- 2007 Road World Championships, road race, DNF
- 5-time Track World Cup medalist
- 5th place — 2011-12 UCI Track World Cup, London, U.K., Team Pursuit
- 3rd place — 2011-12 UCI Track World Cup, Cali, Colombia, Women's Team Pursuit
- 3rd place — 2010 US Criterium National Championships
- 3rd place — Stage 3, Qatar
- 3rd place — 2010-11 UCI Track World Cup, Manchester, Great Britain, Women's Team pursuit
- 4th place - 2009-10 UCI Track World Cup, Copenhagen, Denmark, Team Pursuit
- 2nd place — 2009-10 UCI Track World Cup, Cali, Colombia - Women's Team Pursuit
- 1st place — 2010 Pan American Champs, Aguascalientes, Mexico - Women's Team Pursuit
- Former World Record Holder (with Dotsie Bausch and Sarah Hammer) — Team Pursuit, 3:19.569 set on May 12, 2010
- 1st place — 2005 USA Cycling U23 Road Race National Champion, Park City, Utah
- 1st place — 2004 USA Cycling U23 Time Trial National Champion, Park City, Utah
- 1st place — 2000 USA Cycling Junior Road Race National Champion, Allentown, Pennsylvania - Road Race, Criterium
- 1st place — 1999 USA Cycling Junior Track National Champion - 2km pursuit
Favorite Race: It has changed names many times over the years, but Philadelphia. It doesn't have the draw it did when I was a junior but still has an amazing atmosphere.
Favorite Place to Train: Asheville, N.C. Best road riding in the country.
Best Cycling Memory: I have had a lot of great memories in this sport. After 18 years it's the teammates and staff that I have worked with that keep reminding you of the memories and how special this sport is.
Best Advice Received From a Coach When Starting Out: Nothing comes easy, you have to work for it if you want it.
Motivation: Never settling and striving for more.
Did You Know?: Lauren started racing as a 13-year-old junior and traveled the country and the world by the time she was 18 years old. She credits cycling for giving her opportunities that other kids her age never dreamed of having.
First Involvement in Cycling: Started through the Air Products program in Trexlertown, Pa., when she was 12 years old.
Charity Work/Community Involvement: Started a program in Asheville, N.C., to get kids on bikes at their local velodrome. She works with the Western North Carolina YMCA and some of their established programs, and also gives motivational talks to schools and other youth programs in Asheville.
Family: Parents are Mike and Ellie Franges...has one brother, Chris Franges...married to Mike Tamayo.
- Womens team pursuit 5th at Track World Championships - Apr 05, 2012
- Womens team pursuit earns silver at Track World Championships - Mar 24, 2011
- American trio takes bronze in team pursuit at Manchester World Cup - Feb 18, 2011
This Article Published May 2, 2011 For more information contact: