EVENT AND MEMBER INSURANCE COVERAGE
MEMBER ACCIDENT POLICY
The member accident policy provides excess coverage for USA Cycling members for dates specified on the permit application when they:
1. Participate in a USA Cycling permitted event;
2. Participate in training programs of USA Cycling under the direct supervision of the USA Cycling staff;
3. Notify a race official about their accident when it happens, even if they do not think they are badly injured;
4. Receive medical care and treatment within 30 days of the covered accident; and
5. File an accident claim form with the insurance company within 30 days.
* Claimants are advised to NOT pay for services up front without speaking with USA Cycling/Willis representatives!
The benefit provisions are as follows:
Medical Expense (maximum) $25,000*
Accidental Death and Dismemberment $1,000
*Maximum benefit of $500 for Dental, Orthopedic, Physical Therapy and Transportation.
Our 2014 - 2015 policy provides coverage as follows:
1. It is excess coverage.
2. There is a matching deductible per accident if the member has primary coverage (minimum of $1,000/maximum of $5,000) and $5,000 deductible per accident if the member does not have primary coverage.
3. Once the primary carrier has paid their portion of the medical expenses, the USA Cycling carrier will pay 70% of the Reasonable and Customary remaining expenses ABOVE the deductible, up to a limit of $25,000.
Member Accident Insurance does not apply to loss caused by or resulting from:
1. An Insured Person who is in, entering or exiting any aircraft owned, operated or leased by USA Cycling;
2. An Insured Person acting or training as a pilot or crew member;
3. Emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, disease, pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage, bacterial or viral infection, or bodily malfunctions;
4. Suicide, attempted suicide, or self-inflicted injuries; or
5. Declared or undeclared war.
This Article Published January 11, 2008 For more information contact: